The 7th grade students will finish ITBS testing and begin CogAT Testing this week. We will continue doing Math and Religion daily. The 7th grade students have a Religion quiz on Ch 3 this Wed. After the end of this week, we will be back to regular schedule.
Interesting Science Facts:
Rabbits and parrots can see behind themselves without even moving their heads!
- Butterflies taste food by standing on top of it! Their taste receptors are in their feet unlike humans who have most on their tongue.
- Most of the dust in your home is actually dead skin! Yuck!
- Although the Stegosaurus dinosaur was over 9 meters long, its brain was only the size of a walnut.
- Humans get a little taller in space because there is no gravity pulling down on them.
- Because of the unusual shape of their legs, kangaroos and emus struggle to walk backwards.
- A hippopotamus may seem huge but it can still run faster than a man.
- Even if an analog clock is broken, at least it shows the correct time twice a day.
- Sneezing with your eyes open is impossible.
- The trickiest tongue twister in the English language is apparently “Sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick”. Give it a try and see for yourself.